- Create a free account with a Dynamic DNS service like noip.com and configure it in the modem. This step is to link dynamically assigned IP from your service provider to a static name.
- Install any remote sharing app like VNC server, ultraVNC, windows RDP in the HomePC.
- Configure static DHCP allocation in the wireless router such that same local IP is assigned/reserved to HomePC.
- Configure port forwarding in the wireless router. So, “public_IP:A_port” should map to “internal_HomePC:VNC_server_port”. For security reason it is better to have A_port and server_port as different.
- For additional security purpose, configure VNC server such that it would lock the HomePC after a viewer is disconnected.
- To power-on PC, as and when needed, Wake On Lan feature can be used. Need to set on both BIOS and OS level. Works better with wired connection than wireless.