- Create a free account with a Dynamic DNS service like noip.com and configure it in the modem. This step is to link dynamically assigned IP from your service provider to a static name.
- Install any remote sharing app like VNC server, ultraVNC, windows RDP in the HomePC.
- Configure static DHCP allocation in the wireless router such that same local IP is assigned/reserved to HomePC.
- Configure port forwarding in the wireless router. So, “public_IP:A_port” should map to “internal_HomePC:VNC_server_port”. For security reason it is better to have A_port and server_port as different.
- For additional security purpose, configure VNC server such that it would lock the HomePC after a viewer is disconnected.
- To power-on PC, as and when needed, Wake On Lan feature can be used. Need to set on both BIOS and OS level. Works better with wired connection than wireless.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink