- AWS Identify and Access Management(IAM)
- SSL/TLS certificates beginner’s tutorial | Talpor Solutions Blog
- Generating device configuration using Ansible and Jinja2
- NetNORAD – Facebook TSHOOT tool
- Accessing HomePC from Anywhere[without traffic passing through a third-party app]
- Linux DHCP server config for PXE/BMP boot
Monthly Archives: March 2011
IEEE 802.11 – standards for Wireless LAN ( WLAN). Every wireless connection is in half-duplex mode because transmitting and receiving stations use the same frequency The IEEE 802.11 standards use the CSMA/CA method to avoid collisions. Advertisements
Power over Ethernet (POE): PoE devices like IP phones receive power from the connected switch. The switch can provide power in two different methods: Cisco Inline power (ILP): Cisco proprietary. IEEE 802.3af: Based on IEEE standard.
Software Redundancy: Multilayer switches act as gateway for end users. First Hop Redundancy protocols (FHRP) are available to provide redundancy to end users. FHRP includes;
Three Layer Model: Access layer: Where end users are connected. For intra-vlan routing. Distribution Layer: where access layer switches are aggregated. For inter-VLAN routing Core Layer: where distribution layer switches are aggregated. Center to all users.