Below are some default timer values associated with MPLS.
- LDP Discovery hello interval 5 secs. Can be changed by “mpls ldp discovery hello x”
- LDP neighbor hold interval 15 sec. Can be changed by “mpls ldp discovery hello holdtime x”
- LDP session hold timer: 180 sec. Can be changed by “mpls ldp holdtime x”
- LDP-IGP syn holddown timer: By default “infinity”. Can be changed by “mpls ldp igp sync holddown x”
- To configure delay in LDP-IGP sync, configure “mpls ldp igp sync delay x” on the interface mode. By default, the value is 0.ie; the LDP immediately notifies IGP that sync is achieved.
- To configure a targeted LDP session to tear the adjencecy, configure “mpls ldp session protection duration x”. By default, the targeted session is used to protect a link indefinitely.
Timers with MPLS-TE;
- TE information about the links are flooded by link-state IGP every THREE minutes. Can be changed by “mpls traffic-eng link-management timers periodic-flooding x”
- On seeing RSVP PATH message (from head-end to tail-end), an LSR holds/reserves the bandwidth for 15 sec until it sees RSVP RESV message(from tail-end to head-end). Can be changed by “mpls traffic-eng link-management timers bandwidth-hold x”
- Re optimization of a TE tunnel is done every ONE HOUR to check for better LSP. can be changed by “mpls traffic-eng reoptimize timers frequency x”
- With Auto-bandwidth feature, output rate of a TE tunnel is sampled every 5 minutes (300 secs). Can be changed by “mpls traffic-eng auto-bw timers frequency x”